Monday, July 28, 2008

Back in Seoul ^^


Hi everyone... okay so everyone kinda makes it sound like more people actualy read the blog. "hi" to all 3 of you that periodically check to read my rambling. I got back from the U.S. of A last week. I enjoyed my trip. My business trip went good... well, yeah it went good, but I was still a little disappointed with the presentation I gave. Not so much with my part, because I did fine, more so with the fact that I want to believe I work for a global company and I ended up giving the presentation in Korean and English because 31 out of the 32 people attending the meeting were Korean. I mean come on, these are all of the head planning/finance people for the North America and we have only one Mexican and the rest are Korean in some way or another. Just makes me kinda sad, because these are the decision makers and all most all of them are Korean. (I love Korea, but there is no reason for everyone of those people to be Korean.) Moving right on, I enjoyed spending time with my parents ^^ and didn't really like the two days I spent at the dentist... teeth still hurt. Highlight of the trip, other than seeing my family, was Batman: Dark Knight. It was great, better than I expected and I'm looking forward to seeing it again when it comes out here in Korea. I had taco bell at least twice, drank mountain dew code red and root beer and had cheap bacon cheese burgers. Good times. I wish that Jinhee and Ha-nee would have been able to come, I'm glad they were both healthy and happy when I got home. Some time we will make it back to America, and maybe it won't even be weird. (I felt kinda dumb asking my brother to get us tickets in advance for Batman only to have him ask why... and I had to think about why... the best I could come up with was in Seoul I need to get tickets a week in advance if I want to see a movie on opening day (probably similar in big cities like NY or something but not so in our neck of woods in Washington)). Looks like the entire family will be back sometime in December ^^ since I didn't really get visit many of my friends maybe people will be back in town for Christmas!
Oh and this is a picture I took during the recent riots here in Seoul, protesting the importing of US beef. This was displayed in local mart next to my house, I was going to go share my thoughts with the mart owner but Jinhee thought it would be better if I just didn't shop there (I don't shop there anyhow). It says "Our store opposes the importing of MAD COW beef" with a boat full of 'mad cow' rolling in from the USA. I guess that technically I agree... with part of the logic... you know the part about not wanting mad cow beef, i just disagree with the part about it comming from the USA... Korea has a very high mob mentality and no amount of reasoning will break through... on the bright side mad cow free US beef started to sell again here a few weeks ago ^^

No comments: