Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Back to the motherland ^^


I have a business trip comming up this month. I go on a few business trips every year. It's actually one of the best parts of my job. I don't like that I am away from family but before I started working with my company I had been to exactly two countries... Korea and home in the USA. Since then I have now been to Japan, Netherlands (twice), France, UAE (Dubai), England, India, Indonesia, Thailand (twice), and China... I think thats all the ones i've been too now. Anyhow, business trips can be fun but they are also usually tireing. This time around I have to give a presentation in our New Jersey office. I've been once before and really enjoyed looking around New York. All that aside the best part of a trip to the states is it means that Chris gets to visit his family. The company pays for a trip for me and my family to the states once a year. Last year Jinhee was pregnant with Hanee and we didn't get to go. So Chris hasn't been back to the states in over a year now. Its funny the things I look forward too about being home. Sad but true a must do for Chris when he gets home is to go to the bell... taco bell... I know, I know 'taco bell' you say. Well, you try living in Korea with no mexican (or American mexican, fastfood mexican) food and see if you don't mind a quick run to the border. Other things I'm looking forward to include: seeing the new batman movie with my older brother, getting some pants that fit me, baby clothes for the baby, hmmm... and I guess spending time with my Mom and Dad (just kidding, I always look forward to the that). I'll be in New York/New Jersey on the 13~15 and in Buckley from the 16~19. I'm not sure how to put this, but its always a little strange for me to be back in the states. I love Korea, and I guess alot of the times I just pass over the fact that 98% of the people are Korean, and I'm not. When I get back to the states I always kinda wonder where I fit in. I'm not really current on whats going on in peoples lives, I'm not up to date on fashion or music... or movies for that matter. And then there is the fact that I think alot of small things in Korean... I'll maybe save that for another post. But anyways, I just usually feel a bit out of place.

6 comments:

Megs said...

Good old Buckley. Ahh memories. Remember my missionary Tom who went to Hong Kong? All he wanted when his mission ended was Taco Bell. When his family went to Hong Kong to pick him up, they had Taco Bell package up ingredients for a bunch of soft tacos separately, so they'd keep on the plane. So wierd.

Anonymous said...

Gosh. You are getting to New York the day after I leave the area. Big fat bummer. Wouldn't that have been cool to meet up somewhere? Seeing as how I haven't seen you since, what, 2003??

DaeSung said...

Megan - Yeah strange how taco bell does that to you... And how can I forget Tom (not because I know him very well or anything, but you know). I'm not sure how Taco Bell would taste on the plane ride, but its the thought that counts eh.

Kenzie - It would have been fun, I was kinda hoping some people would just happen to be in Washington around the same time, Yeah I'm gonna say 2003 sounds about right. Good times ^^ I think Chris will probably just end up hanging out with his family. If you stop by Korea for anything, let me know, we will buy you dinner keke

Joanne said...

nice photo :)

Tina said...

Hey, Sorry we missed you guys. We've been out of town the last few weeks! Hope you had a good time!

taemin said...

Wow, what a sweet looking pad. I haven't seen one like that in forever.

Good luck on Project Provo!