Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Where should we put the penguin?


I love my wife, she is doing a great job at being a new mommy. Saying education is 'really' important in Korea just doesn't do just to the topic. So my wife has already started with educational stuff for baby. Jinhee majored in TESOL and worked as a teacher here, teaching kids. I know she does a great job at it. She asked me if I would help her make some stuff for the baby. I said 'sure' and proceeded to not help her until she was about halfway done. She asked me again and so I sat down to see the progress. (What you see on your right is the finished project) She had a house and the sun and was adding the bird. I thought the picture looked good and said I’d add the bug and the plants. While I was making the bug (its supposed to be a lady bug... but I’m not really sure what it ended up as) Jinhee asked me "can we add a penguin?", with out a second thought I said "no" we don't need a penguin for this picture. My wife, shot back with, "what if the baby wanted to add a penguin, would you tell her no?" See the thing is I didn't really think about it, I just said "no". So told Jinhee that I guess it really didn't matter if we added a penguin, just as long as I got to make. You see that penguin sitting on the ray of sun light. Yeah he represents our willingness to think out side of the box and be creative. Because when you take a step back and look at the picture, who says you can't have a penguin sitting on the sun. And so there he is.

1 comment:

Subman said...

So is there danger of your wife reading this? You can just come otu and say that Korean women are crazy about education and need to be less crazy about it. Anyway, good luck, you have a long, squabbly road ahead of you.